American Petroleum Institute (API)
The API Weekly Statistical Bulletin (WSB) and the API Data are protected by law including, but not limited to, United States copyright and trademark law, as well as other state, national, and international laws and regulations.
As a condition of being provided with access to the WSB, in addition to your subscription terms with Thomson Reuters, you agree to retain control over the API Data at all times, and you and your employees or agents shall not, directly or indirectly:
- Reproduce, distribute, plagiarize, rewrite or reprocess the API Data or any portion thereof in any other form, including, but not limited to, photocopies, facsimile copies, scanned copies in any electronic format, or any photography or electronic imaging;
- Post the API Data in any form to any website, whether internet or intranet;
- Translate, decompile, recompile, disassemble, reverse engineer and/or create any derivative work based on the API Data;
- Provide third-parties access to estimates, analysis, or data contained within the API WSB in a manner that could infringe the intellectual property rights of API;
- Provide any third parties access to estimates, analysis, or data contained within the API WSB without prior written permission from API;
- Construct or facilitate the construction of products which compete with the API Data or any portion thereof.
NO WARRANTY PROVIDED. THE WSB IS OFFERED ON AN AS-IS BASIS. ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, (1) THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE FOR ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, AND (2) ANY WARRANTIES AS TO THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, OR CONTENT OF ANY SUCH MATERIALS, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED BY API.
EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THERE ARE SIGNIFICANT RISKS PRESENTED BY USE OF THE WSB, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO; (1) FAILURE OR DELAY IN THE DELIVERY OF THE WSB, OR (2) MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, DEFECTS, OR INACCURACIES IN THE WSB. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT, DUE TO THESE AND OTHER RISKS, BASING INVESTMENT DECISIONS ON THE WSB WOULD ENTAIL SIGNIFICANT RISK OF LOSS, AND YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE TO ASSUME ALL RISK RELATED TO USE OF THE WSB. You further agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless API, API’s contractors, API’s employees and agents, and API’s member companies for all claims by you, your employees or agents, contractors, customers, or any other third parties, alleging that your use of the WSB caused any damages, losses, or claims, whether grounded in contract or in tort, including negligence, or for any indirect, consequential or punitive damages, including, but not limited to, loss of profits or anticipated savings.
These terms do not replace or supersede the Thomson Reuters Third-Party Restrictions, but in the event of a conflict between these terms and the Thomson Reuters Third-Party Restrictions, you hereby agree to abide by these terms.