- Campus careers
Completing your degree? Newly graduated?
Whether you're finishing up your first semester, looking to complete a co-op, or are a recent graduate, you can go from campus to career with the enriched experiences we're committed to providing the next generation of talent at Thomson Reuters.
Learn more about our internship opportunities
In our sales internship, you will:
Gain valuable hands-on experience about our sales support processes. You will get exposure to executing steps in a sales call and how to overcome obstacles with prospective clients. Paired with a full-time sales rep, you will have a real-world view into a sales career with us. You will get an opportunity to learn from top sales representatives on how to hone your skills for solution-based and consultative selling.
- Learn and get exposure to selling Professional Content and a Suite of Products
- Build leads in our customer relationship management (CRM) system
- Work on building value propositions
In our technology internship, you will:
Apply your skills and passion for technology to work with a team driving innovation throughout the entire software lifecycle - from defining specifications and architecting designs to writing efficient, maintainable code. Here's your chance to participate in enhancements of Thomson Reuters software that is utilized by professionals across the globe.
- Build and test software involving Cloud, API, Big Data, AI, and/or web-based technologies
- Learn new development practices to deliver solutions at scale in a business setting
- Exposure to real-world application of machine learning / natural language processing
In our marketing internship, you will:
Directly contribute to marketing programs designed for law firms, corporate in-house counsel, government agencies, or tax and accounting firms. Your role as a marketing intern may include assisting with digital marketing, influencing customer messaging, identifying marketing white space opportunities, promoting world-class products and solutions, or using data and analytics to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Provide support to the team on the execution of marketing plan activities
- Get direct exposure to a day-in-the-life of a Thomson Reuters marketer
- Complete a capstone project, leaving an impact on the marketing team
In our journalism internship, you will:
Learn journalism at the world’s largest independent, international, multimedia news agency, working alongside our most seasoned reporters and editors. Our internships offer first-hand reporting experience on the top business, political and general stories reporting on any given day across text and visual platforms. The Reuters North America internship lasts for 10 weeks and begins in early June.
- Application dates open every September
- Locations: US: New York, Washington, DC, Chicago, San Francisco; Canada: Toronto
- Sign up to be alerted when this program begins accepting applications
In our journalism fellowship, you will:
Join teams that break news to professional, media, and consumer markets across digital, visual, and traditional platforms. Our fellowship is geared towards you if you are an early-career reporter, post-graduate or professional exploring a career shift into journalism. Reuters NABJ fellows develop expertise in data-driven journalism and multimedia storytelling and build skills in investigative reporting and generating original story ideas. Fellowships are awarded on a rolling basis.
- Work in a nine-month position in New York, Washington, D.C., or another U.S. bureau
- Participate in intensive classroom learning
- Gain mentorship by Reuters senior journalists
- Hone your skills in building sources to break news and deliver deeply reported stories in tightly written prose
In our legal professionals internship, you will:
Build expertise in Pricing & Revenue Management by executing pricing strategy, as well as establishing retail pricing across product lines for law firms. Learn how to effectively use pricing strategies and impact proposition strategy and marketing plans for law firm customers. Analyze opportunities and, potentially, implement strategic programs that drive retention and new sales revenue. You will learn to work with large amounts of data to draw conclusions, show trends, and provide a path forward on a variety of projects.
- Create financial analysis and segmentation analysis
- Develop proposition strategy surrounding the integration of new products into a segment
- Learn pricing and commercial policy initiatives
In our finance internship, you will:
You will be involved in the day-to-day operations of the finance division to gain a real-world understanding of financial analysis and its effects on business decisions. Within this role, you will receive professional experience and hands-on training with other finance professionals to grow your technical and soft skills. As a finance intern, you will complete value-added projects like the following:
- Create a customer-based revenue analysis for a recent acquisition
- Identify key drivers of revenue attrition and developing recommendations for improved performance
- Construct and analyze full P&L views for specific products to improve profitability
- Develop a dashboard of critical success measures for an operations department
In our operations internship, you will:
Be exposed to business analytics, project management, change management, and knowledge management operations projects. This position employs advanced analytics with data manipulation and new product generation. As an intern, you will work on process research and improvement strategies within the operations function.
- Design infographics for operations functions
- Research workflow improvement recommendations
- Create dashboards and delve into campaign analytics
In our consulting internship, you will:
Interact with multi-national customers by solving business & technology problem related to supply chains, tax & compliance, legal and risk. You will work on a wide breadth of projects including the implementation of enterprise software, content, and services to our customers. You will also be exposed to the TAX & TRADE, LEGAL and RISK platforms and all services provided across our Corporates business.
- Engage with other Thomson Reuters teams such a Product Management, Technology and Customer Support
- Collaborate with best in class industry-leading software and help deliver project implementations
In our product strategy internship, you will:
Gain real-world product strategy experience working with our digital solutions. Working on our product strategy team you will be introduced to go-to-market strategies for new products and product enhancements. As a product strategy intern, you will conduct customer feedback market research, growth strategies, and gain an understanding of merchandise creation.
- Learn commercial policy recommendation for sales processes
- Analyze customer and market analytics
- Conduct market research for competitive intelligence
In our editorial internship, you will:
Utilize your legal acumen while learning how to apply risk and compliance within editorial functions. As a law student or newly graduated attorney, you have opportunities to learn about data protection laws and requirements globally, refining your research and writing skills within the area of global privacy. You will also gain exposure to regulatory analysis and research and provide legal administrative support. This role is geared toward students excited by alternative legal career pathways.
- Work on editorial publishing migration projects
- Support legal update initiatives
- Gain a global perspective with legal research, Brexit, or new content creation
In our manufacturing internship, you will:
Gain hands-on experience in our 1.3 million square foot manufacturing and operations facility. Within this role, you will get exposure to what it means to work within a global print proposition strategy team in the areas of distribution, printing, subscription services, engineering, and print and bindery operations.
- Get exposure value stream mapping and kaizen events
- Research and revamp standard operating procedures like productivity & cost control and safety & quality control
- Conduct continuous improvement implementation and training
Found your fit? Here’s your next steps to apply
Like your school semester, our typical recruitment cycle has start dates at the beginning of January, May, and September.
Meet us on campus and check out our new jobs at the beginning of each semester! And don't forget to sign-up to our talent network to receive notifications for jobs that fit your degree and interest. Or, check out our open jobs anytime here:
Some of our positions for sales and technology may require assessment(s) through Pymetrics and Hacker Rank. If your role requires additional assessment(s), the information will be included in your outreach email from our team.
To make it easier for you, we begin with HireVue – the interview app – so you can interview at home or on campus on your mobile devices.
You'll be invited for an interview with someone from our hiring team.
Read our careers blog for tips and tricks from our Talent Acquisition team.
Congratulations! If you've secured an internship, our campus team will reach out via email with more information.
Being a Thomson Reuters Intern has its perks
Intern-focused events, weekly social hours, dedicated Intern Appreciation Day, fireside chats, partnerships with Business Resource Groups, and recognized company culture awarded for our diversity and inclusion.
Competitively paid internships with company-designated holidays and the possibility of "Returnship"!
Personal and professional growth with on-the-job coaching from mentors and managers that care. Connect with teammates across the globe with our Ten Thousand Coffees Cafe.
Intern volunteer days with opportunities to volunteer with our Business Resource Groups to make an impact in your community.
Want to know more about the #TRIntern experience?
Follow us on social media
I was a part of the Thomson Reuters summer 2020 internship program on the technology team, leveraging my skills from my undergraduate degree in Computer science. Through the virtual internship experience, I connected with interns and teammates globally. I found the mentorship program for interns helpful for getting advice on how to be part of the Thomson Reuters community.