September 23, 2014
Thomson Reuters to Honor a New Breed of Tax Professional at Inaugural Taxologist Awards
New York - Thomson Reuters announces the Taxologist Awards, a program that recognizes outstanding tax departments and individuals who are driving significant value to their organization by embracing tax technology.
The inaugural winners of the Taxologist Awards will be announced at SYNERGY 2014 — a conference for users of Thomson Reuters ONESOURCE tax technology — on Nov. 5 in Washington, D.C. A $10,000 donation in the name of the Taxologist of the Year will be made to the U.S. school of their choice to further technology initiatives.
The Taxologist Awards will recognize tax technology innovators in eight categories:
- Innovative Tax Department of the Year
- Rookie Tax Department of the Year
- Taxologist of the Year
- Excellence in Data Management
- Excellence in Tax Process Transformation
- Excellence in Global Transformation
- Excellence in Tax and Finance Alignment
- Excellence in Tax Research
Taxologist Awards finalists will enjoy VIP treatment at the upcoming SYNERGY 2014 conference. Deadline for submission has been extended to Oct. 1. For more information on the awards, visit www.taxologistawards.com.
“In this global economy, the need for tax technology has never been more prominent. Those who pioneer these advances often go unnoticed, lacking the recognition they deserve,” said Joe Harpaz, managing director for the corporate segment for the Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters. “The Taxologist Awards will honor these tax pioneers for their remarkable achievements in improving data quality, tax process efficiency and tax insight.”
The awards will be reviewed by a panel of industry leaders including:
- Ralph Cunningham, managing editor of International Tax Review
- Eli J. Dicker, executive director of the Tax Executives Institute
- Joe Harpaz, managing director, Tax & Accounting, Thomson Reuters
- Lauren Kovar, director, Client Advisory & Strategy, Thomson Reuters
- Brian Peccarelli, president, Tax & Accounting, Thomson Reuters
To learn more information about the Taxologist Awards, visit www.taxologistawards.com.
About Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization. Thomson Reuters shares are listed on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges (symbol: TRI). For more information, go to www.thomsonreuters.com.