April 17, 2015
Thomson Reuters Celebrates 30 Years of Serving Payroll Professionals with the Latest Edition of Principles of Payroll Administration
NEW YORK – Thomson Reuters is proud to announce the release of the 30th anniversary edition of Principles of Payroll Administration: The Complete Learning and Reference Guide authored by Debera J. Salam, CPP, under the WG&L treatise of Thomson Reuters Checkpoint.
The publication was initially released in 1985 to prepare payroll professionals for the first Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) exam. Today, it is recognized as the leading reference guide for payroll and employment tax compliance.
“This 30-year anniversary highlights an important milestone in the continuing evolution of payroll compliance and the professionals entrusted with this responsibility,” said Salam, a nationally recognized author, speaker, and consultant on U.S. payroll and employment tax compliance.
Principles of Payroll Administration includes practice tests, chapter quizzes, and preparation tips for the CPP and Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) exams. The edition also includes updated information on:
- The FICA tax refund procedure.
- The new national retirement savings program (myRA), and how it will affect employers.
- Nonqualified deferred compensation plans and their new risk to employers.
- New state and local wage-hour concerns that employers must consider.
- State surveys and state contact directories for child support withholding orders, wage-hour, recordkeeping, state unemployment insurance facts, state Form W-4 requirements, and much more.
- New and revised IRS forms with filled-in examples.
It is available for purchase at store.tax.thomsonreuters.com.
Thomson Reuters also offers several other resources for payroll professionals which can be purchased at store.tax.thomsonreuters.com/payroll.
Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization. For more information, go to http://thomsonreuters.com/en.html.
Thomson Reuters, Tax & Accounting
Tel: +1 734 388 3831