February 24, 2015
Thomson Reuters to Host the 2nd Annual Japanese Regulatory Summit in Tokyo
TOKYO/HONG KONG – Thomson Reuters, the world’s leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals, will host the 2nd annual Japanese Regulatory Summit in Tokyo on 10 March. Building on the success of Thomson Reuters Regulatory Summits in the region and globally, this program will bring together a strong line-up of speakers to explore the ever-changing regulatory landscape whilst sharing best-practice approaches to risk management, corporate governance and compliance, in an effort to enhance Japan’s standing as a robust financial centre which is compliant with international regulations.
The Summit will provide a platform for domestic and international regulatory bodies, as well as financial institutions to discuss financial reforms and regulations, focusing on topics including conduct risk, anti-money laundering (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC), personal data protection (cybercrime and threat to reputational risk), as well as establishing Tokyo as a leading international financial centre and engaged in collaborative efforts with regional Asian markets.
Kiyoshi Hosomizo, Commissioner, Financial Service Agency Japan (JFSA) will deliver the keynote speech. Other speakers include:
- Masatsugu Asakawa - Director General of the International Bureau, Ministry of Finance Chairman, Committee on Fiscal Affairs OECD
- Takuo Komori – Director of International Affairs, Financial Services Agency Japan
- Je-Yoon Shin – Vice- President, Financial Action Task Force (FATF)
- Rintaro Tamaki – Deputy Secretary General, The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Masakatsu Okabe – Director for Cyber Security, Commissioner General’s Secretariat, National Police Agency
- Benedicte Nolens – Senior Director & Head of Risk and Strategy, Hong Kong Securities & Futures Commission
- Philippe Avril – CEO & Representative Director, BNP Paribas Securities Japan
- Amane Oshima – Managing Executive Officer, Mizuho Bank
- Takashi Yoshimura – Managing Director, Head of Japan Compliance, Goldman Sachs Japan
- Kazuto Komuro – Senior Director for Policy, Office of the Governor for Policy Planning, Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- Adam Gilbert – Financial Services Global Regulatory Leader, PwC
- Yuji Nakata - Senior Managing Director, Deputy CRO, Nomura Holdings, INC.
“We are delighted to once again bring together such a distinguished group of professionals who experience, on a daily basis, the changing and evermore challenging regulatory landscape and its impact on global business,” said Phil Cotter, managing director, Risk, Thomson Reuters. “Thomson Reuters remains committed to connecting this community in order to ensure the sharing of industry best practices to the benefit of all involved and affected in Japan, across the region, and globally.”
“The latest Thomson Reuters Conduct Risk Report with financial institutions across the world showed an increased focus by regulators on the behavior of firms and how they conduct their business. Firms have boosted the time and resources devoted to the management of conduct risk, yet there is still a significant gap between awareness and implementation of effective policies across a firm. Regulatory requirements continue to increase in both quantity and complexity in global markets and in Japan,” said Hideo Tomita, Managing Director Japan, Thomson Reuters Markets K.K.
Over 300 senior executives are expected to attend the Summit from key financial regulatory bodies, exchanges, industry associations and financial services firms. The Summit is supported by CFA Institute Japan, Mori Hamada & Matsumoto, Sweet & Maxwell, Westlaw Japan, The International Bankers Association of Japan, and PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC). Reuters is the exclusive media partner of the Summit.
For more information about the event, please visit the website: http://info.accelus.thomsonreuters.com/japanese-regulatory-summit-2015
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization. For more information, go to www.thomsonreuters.com.
Corporate Affairs Manager, Asia Pacific
Office: +852 2843 6939
Public Relations Director, Financial & Risk
Office +1 646-223-5147
Mobile +1 917-805-1089
PR Director, Financial Sectors