July 9, 2015
Thomson Reuters Launches Forum Magazine
EAGAN, Minn. – Thomson Reuters announced today the debut of Forum magazine, a thought leadership instrument for legal professionals that will instill conversations and debate while addressing the challenges facing the global legal industry.
“Forum magazine is a true thought leadership resource touching all segments and all geographies,” said Mike Abbott, vice president of Client Management and Global Thought Leadership for the Legal business of Thomson Reuters. “Our position in the global legal marketplace allows us to deliver a broad perspective of insight across the industry, and Forum is one of our flagship vehicles to deliver those perspectives.”
The inaugural issue of Thomson Reuters Forum magazine provides content drawn from the experiences and viewpoints of legal industry titans who write on topics including:
- David Morley, Allen & Overy’s worldwide senior partner, discusses how the firm has repositioned its business and what it means to the firm and to clients;
- Roland Vogl, executive director of the Stanford Program in Law, Science and Technology and co-founder and head of CodeX, discusses predictive analytics;
- Jim Jones, senior fellow at the Center for the Study of the Legal Profession at Georgetown University Law Center, contributes an article addressing the difficulties New York and London law firms are finding in succeeding in one another’s home markets;
- Gregory Jordan, executive vice president and general counsel, PNC Financial Service Group, talks about client relationships, client needs and why both law firms and inhouse counsel want the other to succeed;
- Steve Molo and Jeff Lamken, founders of MoloLamken, discuss starting an elite litigation boutique mid-recession;
- And much more.
Abbott added that Forum is a complementary resource to the Thomson Reuters Legal Executive Institute, which provides legal news, expert views, analytics, benchmark reports and industry-leading events to inform those who lead and manage the delivery of legal services. “The work we are doing with the Legal Executive Institute comes to life in a powerful way in Forum, where we are able to go a little deeper with the articles and provide an incredible visual experience.”
Forum, which is available at no cost, will be produced twice a year. Its interactive digital version will provide readers with additional content, video interviews and more, all with industry experts who offer multiple perspectives on the realities of the global legal market. Limited print copies of each issue also will be produced.
Forum will be best viewed on an iPad or Android tablet and is available through the Thomson Reuters Know360 app. The app is available through the Apple® App Store and Google Play. To learn more about Forum and stay abreast of the latest features, functionality and content in this issue and subsequent issues, visit thomsonreuters.com/know360app.
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization. Thomson Reuters shares are listed on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges. For more information, go to www.thomsonreuters.com.