June 4, 2015
Reuters releases Reuters TV app for iPad
- Reuters launches native iPad support for Reuters TV, the world’s first mobile TV news service designed for consumers who don’t watch traditional TV news
- Offers a personalized, on-demand, always up-to-date news show, and live feeds of global events
- Boeing partnered as the exclusive launch sponsor
NEW YORK – Today Reuters, the world’s largest international multimedia news provider, released Reuters TV for iPad, with Boeing as its exclusive launch sponsor. Following the successful launch of Reuters TV for iPhone in February, the new Reuters TV for iPad extends the revolutionary mobile TV service to iPad users with a beautiful, seamless experience. The latest app release also includes a number of enhancements for both iPad and iPhone users, including a more succinct opening sequence and improved refresh handling. The app is exclusively available on the App Store.
Reuters TV is aimed at a growing segment of informed, mobile, and globally engaged consumers who value authentic video storytelling and are too busy to watch traditional TV news.
Isaac Showman, Managing Director of Reuters TV said, “We’re excited to bring this latest version of the Reuters TV app to iPad users, delivering video content that is relevant, on-demand, and up-to date for each viewer.”
As with Reuters TV for iPhone, the iPad app offers two unique services:
Reuters Now – an algorithmically assembled but editorially curated news program that is:
- Any duration (between 5 and 30 minutes)
- Customized to each viewer's interests and location
- Downloadable for offline viewing
- Real-time coverage of global events (from protests in Egypt to Presidential speeches in Washington D.C.)
- Unfiltered and uninterrupted
- Available live and on-demand
Further updates to Reuters TV for iPad include:
- Re-designed portrait player for Reuters Now making it easier for viewers to share stories in their news show
- Re-designed portrait player for Live Feeds: Includes recommendations and links to other Live Feeds in the app
- A more succinct opening sequence and improved refresh handling
Editorial content from Reuters TV is produced exclusively for the service and draws upon Reuters extraordinary reach from 2,500 journalists in over 160 countries. In order to deliver the service’s variable program lengths, all content is produced in multiple versions and organized by editorial teams in London, Hong Kong, New York and Washington DC, providing 24/7 coverage for viewers.
Reuters TV for iPad is available exclusively on the App Store in the US and UK. At launch, users can access a free 30-day preview of the service, with ongoing access charged at $1.99/£1.49 per month via in-app subscription.
For more on Reuters TV, including images, background and media information, please visit http://reuters.tv/press.
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world’s largest international multimedia news provider reaching more than one billion people every day. Reuters provides trusted business, financial, national, and international news to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations, and directly to consumers at Reuters.com.
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization. Thomson Reuters shares are listed on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchange.