May 15, 2015
Super Lawyers Names 2014 Pro Bono Award Recipients
EAGAN, Minn. – Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, has announced the eight recipients of its fourth annual Pro Bono Awards. The awards honor legal professionals, students, firms and organizations that demonstrate excellence in the practice of law by offering volunteer legal services to the poor, disadvantaged or the exploited.
The 2014 Pro Bono Award recipients are:
- Gary Udashen, Sorrels, Udashen & Anton, Dallas
- Latham & Watkins LLP, Los Angeles
- Kathleen Gasparian, Gasparian Immigration, New Orleans
- Doucet & Associates, Dublin, Ohio
- California Western School of Law, California Innocence Project, San Diego
- Saint Louis University School of Law, legal clinics, St. Louis
- Alisa Finelli, law student at The University of Notre Dame Law School, Notre Dame, Ind.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Washington, D.C.
“As you look at the work of Gary Udashen to free wrongly imprisoned inmates, to the efforts of the Saint Louis University School of Law legal clinics to protect the right of protestors in Ferguson, Missouri, a pattern emerges that legal practitioners are committed, now more than ever, to improving access to justice for those in need,” said Julie Gleason, director of Research for Super Lawyers. “We are proud to recognize each of this year’s honorees, and we congratulate them for using their skills to promote a free and just society.”
Honorees are featured in the 2014 Pro Bono Super Lawyers Digital Magazine.
For more information about this year’s honorees, and to nominate an attorney or group for the 2015 Pro Bono Awards, visit superlawyers.com.
To learn more about Super Lawyers, visit superlawyers.com.
Thomson ReutersThomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization. Thomson Reuters shares are listed on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges. For more information, go to www.thomsonreuters.com.
Tel: +1 651 687 6319