May 04, 2015
Thomson Reuters Launches iOS app for 10th Edition of Black’s Law Dictionary
EAGAN, Minn – Thomson Reuters has released the iOS app for Black’s Law Dictionary, 10th Edition. For more than a century, Black’s Law Dictionary has been the gold standard for ensuring a common understanding of the growing language of law. It also is the most widely cited resource in legal arguments and judicial opinions.
Black’s Law Dictionary, 10th Edition is the most authoritative, comprehensive law dictionary ever published. It contains more than 50,000 terms, including 7,500 new entries.
The new iOS app contains many new features, such as:
- “Did You Mean” search functionality: A spell checker functionality that provides alternative suggestions for misspelled search terms
- “Define in Black’s”: Define words within definition text by selecting a word and tapping Define in Black’s
- Enhanced linking: Link to subentries and cross-references from a search result, within a definition, and between definitions; link to Westlaw® content via the WestlawNext® iPad® app
- Word of the Day: Audio pronunciation available on all Word of the Day entries; link to full definition from Word of the Day tab; history slider on Word of the Day tab provides quick navigation to previous Word of the Day entries
- History: Track viewed definitions and sort by date or alphabetical order
- Intuitive structure, formatted for easy reading and navigation
“We’re pleased to be able to offer an updated app for our most popular and esteemed title,” said Andy Martens, global head of Product and Editorial for Thomson Reuters. “The law is understood and enforced according to the words that define it, making Black’s Law Dictionary as important to the practice of law as is our common understanding of its language. We are thrilled to be able enhance the experience through our updated mobile app.”
The app can be downloaded from iTunes.
To learn more about Black’s Law Dictionary, please visit legalcurrent.com.
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization. Thomson Reuters shares are listed on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges. For more information, go to www.thomsonreuters.com.
Managing Editor, Social Media
Tel: +1 651 687 8813