June 15, 2017
Reuters named the number 1 international brand for monthly digital reach across Europe
London – Reuters, the world’s largest international multimedia news provider, has today been named the number one international brand for total monthly digital reach. The findings of the Ipsos Affluent Europe 2017 survey put Reuters ahead of all 44 international media brands measured for monthly reach across all digital platforms.
Reuters outstrips other international media organisations for digital reach (12.2% reach), including The New York Times (12%), BBC (11.9%), Financial Times (10.9%) and CNN (9.0%- excluding CNN Money).
Reuters also topped the list for monthly digital reach among;
- CFOs, finance directors and treasurers (20.5%)
- Those earning over €100,000 euros (21.8%)
- Affluent with €1,000,000 value of private investments (excluding home/ mortgage) (23.3%).
- Workers in finance and IT1 (17.7%)
- Influential opinion leaders2 (23.4%)
- Those who did over 6 return trips last year for business (28%)
- Affluent who own a watch valued at €10,000+ (29.7%)
The results follow the findings of the Tomorrow’s News 2017 survey which revealed that 94% of consumers prefer to obtain their news from news websites or apps and found that advertising on trusted news sites can help build awareness, influence perception and ultimately create a positive response to advertising. Find out more on the Tomorrow’s News survey.
“With growing concern over fake news, more and more consumers are turning to the digital sites they trust for accurate news updates. Reuters has built its reputation on delivering unbiased and credible news, and these results confirm our unrivalled scale in reaching affluent and influential audiences - with our monthly digital reach exceeding all other brands in the survey” said Munira Ibrahim, Reuters SVP for Sales and Content Solutions.
The Ipsos Affluent Survey Europe provides a representative sample of main income earners in the top 20% of households (defined by household income) in 21 European markets.
(1) Finance= Banking, Insurance or other financial services. IT= IT, internet, software or computer services, Telecommunication services, IT equipment/ Telecom equipment
(2) Influential opinion leaders= People who have taken part in four or more of the measured (business) activities in the past 12 months
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world’s largest international multimedia news provider reaching more than one billion people every day. Reuters provides trusted business, financial, national, and international news to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations, and directly to consumers at Reuters.com and via Reuters TV. Follow news about Reuters at @ReutersPR.
Marketing & PR Manager, Asia
Telephone: Hong Kong +852 53300815
Public Relations Manager, Head of Special Projects
Telephone: New York + 1 917 592 9367