November 14, 2017
Thomson Reuters Announces Winners of the Fourth Annual Tax Technology Awards
NEW YORK – Thomson Reuters has announced the winners of the fourth annual Taxologist Awards, a program that recognizes exceptional tax departments and professionals who have added significant value to their organizations by embracing tax technology. The term Taxologist recognizes a tax professional that excels in the use of technology to maximize tax function effectiveness.
The winners of the Taxologist Awards were announced at SYNERGY 2017 — a conference for users of Thomson Reuters ONESOURCE tax technology and Thomson Reuters Checkpoint — on Nov. 13 in Nashville, Tenn.
“The winners have reflected the best use of technology to enhance tax functions in their organizations to help their companies drive compliance and efficiency,” said Joe Harpaz, managing director for the Corporate segment of the Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters. “We’re honored to recognize their outstanding efforts and the professionals who achieved them.”
The Taxologist Awards winners are:
Taxologist of the Year – Corporate Tax Department and Individual Contributor
- Marina Zivik, Vice President and Chief Tax Officer – Trinseo
- Jodi Jones, Director of Tax Accounting and Compliance and Elsa Jacobs, Senior Manager of Tax Accounting – Asurion
- Fiona Gibson, Tax Systems Lead – John Wiley & Sons
- Terri Milstead, Second VP, Corporate Accounting and Tax – Protective Life Corporation
- Deanna Williams, Manager of International Tax – FedEx Express International
Taxologist of the Year – Certified Implementer
- Joe Habak, Senior Manager, Tax Transformation – KPMG
Taxologist of the Year – Trust Tax Management
New Customer of the Year
- Joseph Cobb, Tax Compliance Manager – Synchrony Financial
To learn more information about the Taxologist Awards, visit https://tax.thomsonreuters.com/taxologist/awards.
Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading source of news and information for professional markets. Our customers rely on us to deliver the intelligence, technology and expertise they need to find trusted answers. The business has operated in more than 100 countries for more than 100 years. Thomson Reuters shares are listed on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges. For more information, visit www.thomsonreuters.com.
Public Relations Manager
+1 972 250 8556