November 12, 2018
Thomson Reuters Announces Winners of the Fifth Annual Taxologist Awards
Taxologist Awards recognize tech-related accomplishments of tax departments and professionals
ORLANDO, Fla., November 12, 2018 – Thomson Reuters has announced the winners of the fifth annual Taxologist Awards, a program that recognizes exceptional tax departments and professionals who have added significant value to their organizations by embracing tax technology. The term Taxologist is reserved for a tax professional that excels in the use of technology to maximize tax function effectiveness.
The winners of the Taxologist Awards were announced at SYNERGY 2018 — a conference for users of Thomson Reuters ONESOURCE tax technology and Thomson Reuters Checkpoint — on Nov. 11 in Orlando, Fla.
“We’re thrilled to recognize the exceptional accomplishments of this group of professionals who have used technology to their advantage and found innovative ways to create value for their businesses,” said Piotr Marczewski, president, Corporates Customer Market, Thomson Reuters.
The Taxologist Awards winners are:
Taxologist of the Year – Corporate Tax Department
- Ricardo (Rick) Gomez, Director of Tax – Skanska USA, Inc.
- Caleb Tevis, Manager, Tax Technology & Operations – VF Corporation
- Carmen Nielsen, Tax Process & Technology Manager – CUNA Mutual Group
- Sharon Rosiak, Tax Technology Manager – Martin Marietta Materials, Inc.
Taxologist of the Year – Global Corporate Tax Department
- LaShell Estes, State Income Tax Manager – WestRock Company
- Heather Brasher, Principal, Tax Accounting – Sabre Corporation
- Sandhya Edupuganty & Judy Chu, Tax Compliance and Technology Director & Tax Technology Manager – Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Smita Taank, Senior Tax Leader Special Projects - Tax Management – Honeywell Control Systems Ltd.
Taxologist of the Year – Certified Implementer
- Ryan Lynch, Managing Director - Tax Automation Services – Global Tax Management, Inc.
Taxologist of the Year – Trust Tax Management
- Gwen Schroeder, Tax Specialist – Trust Point Inc.
Taxologist of the Year – New Customer of the Year
- Nick VanDerlyke, Senior Manager, Income Tax– Sonepar USA.
To learn more information about the Taxologist Awards, visit https://tax.thomsonreuters.com/synergy/corporations/awards/.
Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading provider of news and information-based tools to professionals. Our worldwide network of journalists and specialist editors keep customers up to speed on global developments, with a particular focus on legal, regulatory and tax changes. Thomson Reuters shares are listed on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges. For more information on Thomson Reuters, visit tr.com and for the latest world news, reuters.com.
Sr. Director, Communications
+1 972 250 8556