November 11, 2019
Thomson Reuters Announces Corporate Winners of the Sixth Annual Taxologist Awards
Taxologist Awards recognize tech-related accomplishment for tax departments and professionals
Denver, Colo., November 11, 2019 – Thomson Reuters has announced the winners of the sixth annual Taxologist Awards, a program that recognizes exceptional tax departments and professionals that have added significant value to their organizations by embracing tax technology. The term “Taxologist” is reserved for a tax professional that excels in the use of technology to maximize tax function effectiveness.
The winners of the Taxologist Awards were announced at SYNERGY 2019 — a conference for users of Thomson Reuters ONESOURCE tax technology platform and Thomson Reuters Checkpoint — on Nov. 10 in Denver, Colo.
“Technology is opening new possibilities for tax professionals and giving them an opportunity to reimagine their work,” said Piotr Marczewski, president of Thomson Reuters Corporates Customer Segment. “We are excited to recognize the exceptional accomplishments of this group of professionals, who have used technology to their advantage and found innovative ways to create value for their companies.”
The 2019 Corporate Taxologist Awards winners are:
Taxologist of the Year – Corporate Tax Department
- Kathleen Rodes, Tax Director — The Andersons, Inc.
- Donald Norcross, Tax Director — Gerresheimer Glass Inc.
- Marvin Henderson, Senior Tax Accountant — Ingram Industries Inc.
- Sandy Faulkner, Director of Domestic Tax — Jeld-Wen
Taxologist of the Year – Global Corporate Tax Department
- Phillip Duncan, Tax Accounting Manager — Domtar
- Cecile Petro, International Tax Director — Janus Henderson Investors
- Jennie Blair, Manager of Global Tax Reporting and Carina Bista, Senior Manager of Tax Reporting — The Kraft Heinz Company
- Spencer Wirthlin, Senior Director for Global Income Tax — Walmart Inc.
Taxologist of the Year – Certified Implementer
- Andrew Maryott, Senior Manager of Tax Transformation and Technology — KPMG
Taxologist of the Year – Trust Tax Management
- Brianna Ghosn, Tax Manager and Vice President — Trust Company of Oklahoma
Taxologist of the Year – New Customer of the Year
- Andrew Walsh, Tax Manager — PQ Corporation
To learn more information about the Taxologist Awards, visit https://tax.thomsonreuters.com/en/synergy/corporations#awards.
Thomson Reuters is a leading provider of business information services. Our products include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news service – Reuters. For more information on Thomson Reuters, visit tr.com and for the latest world news, reuters.com.