November 20, 2020
Thomson Reuters Announces Award Winners for Best in Tax and Accounting, Legal
Nashville revealed as the location for SYNERGY 2021 conference
DALLAS, November 20, 2020 – Thomson Reuters announced the winners of their annual awards honoring the best in tax and accounting and legal for 2020. The awards were presented this year at Thomson Reuters SYNERGY user conference, marking the first time they have been celebrated virtually since holding the conference over 40 times.
"We are proud to honor the exemplary efforts of those in tax, accounting and legal operations. In what has been a challenging year, each applicant had an interesting and unique story to tell,” said Brian Peccarelli, chief operating officer of Customer Markets for Thomson Reuters. “The new challenges brought forth by the pandemic also prompted us to add a new category this year for tax and accounting firms responding to COVID-19. Congratulations to all the winners!"
The award winners were selected from hundreds of submissions received by an internal team of professionals at Thomson Reuters.
The winners of the 2020 Luca Award for Tax and Accounting are:
- Woman Trailblazer – Emily Fisher, Fisher PA
- Community-Peer Support Award – Tom Bridgman, Hudson Valley Tax Experts
- COVID-19 Response – McCarthy & Co
- Rookie of the Year – Jeffrey Jackson, Professional Business Advisory Services Corporation
- The Firm of the Year – Concierge Consulting & Accounting, PLLC
The winners of the Taxologist Awards for corporate tax are:
- Certified Implementer Program – Harriet Hong, Crowe
- Corporate Tax Department
- Anastasia Brady, Thryv
- Ryan Hayes, Wayfair
- Ari Kevelson, NRG Energy
- Jonathan Bentley, WestRock Company
- Cutting Edge – Tonya Cicconi, DuPont
- Global Corporate Tax Department
- Fiona Gibson, Wiley
- Misty D’Amico, WEX, Inc.
- Melody Clegg, Baker Hughes
- Francois Chadwick, Uber
- New Customer of the Year – Angela Mortenson, Best Buy
- Trust Tax Management – Patti Crain, Trust Processing Solutions
The winners of the Cheetah Awards for legal professionals are:
- Golden Cheetah – Netflix
- Golden Cheetah Runner Up – Leidos
- Level Up Award – Continental Resources
- Spirit Award – FMC Corporation
The awards were part of a successful SYNERGY conference for Thomson Reuters which saw more than 6,000 users attend the event virtually, more than double who attended last year's in-person event. Attendees were treated to insights on the profession from Thomson Reuters leaders, best practices from their peers, and entertainment from James Corden, the cast of Hamilton, as well as cooking demonstrations from Andrew Zimmern
Thomson Reuters also announced that next year’s SYNERGY will be held virtually and in-person in Nashville, TN. SYNERGY for Tax and Accounting firms will take place from November 3-6, 2021 – early-bird registration can be found here. Corporates SYNERGY will take place November 7-10, 2021 with registration coming soon.
Thomson Reuters is a leading provider of business information services. Our products include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news service – Reuters. For more information on Thomson Reuters, visit tr.com and for the latest world news, reuters.com.