June 2, 2014
Thomson Reuters Announces Winners of Zawya Fund & Lipper Global Islamic Fund Awards
DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES - Thomson Reuters, the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals, today announced the winners of the Zawya Fund and the Lipper Global Islamic Fund Awards for 2014 at a ceremony in Dubai last night.
The Zawya funds awards are calculated on an annual basis and have a set of fixed criteria for a fund to take part in the analysis, of which a minimum USD 5 million in size and a minimum 3 years track record. The Lipper Global Islamic Fund Awards are part of the Thomson Reuters Awards for Excellence, a global family of awards that celebrate exceptional performance throughout the professional investment community.
The Lipper Global Islamic group award was made to Jadwa Investment which won Best Equity Award. Trophies were also presented to 17 individual fund award winners. CIMB-Principal Asset Management Berhad and PT Samuel Aset Manajemen were multi-award winners.
Winners of the Zawya Fund Awards:
- Equity Kuwait Award: Tharwa Investment Fund by Tharwa Investment Company
- Equity MENA Award: EFG-Hermes MEDA Fund by EFG-Hermes Holding
- Fixed Income Morocco Award: FCP Capital Imtiyaz Liquidite by BMCE Capital Gestion
- Money Market Morocco Award: Emergence Money Market Fund by Valoris Management
- Balanced Morocco Award: SICAV CFG Croissance by CFG Gestion
- Equity Egypt Award: Banque Du Caire Fund I by EFG-Hermes Holding
- Equity GCC Award: LHV Persian Gulf Fund (A Share) by LHV Asset Management
- Fixed Income Tunisia Award: Attijari Obligataire SICAV by Attijari Gestion
- Money Market Saudi Arabia Award: Al Arabi SAR Money Market Fund by ANB Invest
- Balanced Egypt Award: Al Watany Bank of Egypt Fund by NBK Capital AM in Egypt
- Equity Oman Award: Vision Emerging Oman Fund by Vision Investment Services Company
- Equity UAE Award: Emirates Gateway Fund by SHUAA Asset Management Limited
- Equity Qatar Award: Al Waseela Fund (F Class) by EFG-Hermes Holding
- Equity Saudi Arabia Award: EFG-Hermes Saudi Arabia Equity Fund by EFG-Hermes KSA
- Money Market Egypt Award: Credit Agricole Egypt Fund III byEFG-Hermes Holding
- Equity Morocco Award: FCP RMA Cap Performance by RMA Capital
Winners of the Zawya Funds Awards voted by the industry:
- Custodian Of The Year: HSBC Saudi Arabia Limited
- Administrator Of The Year: APEX Fund services
- Lawyer of the Year: Al Tamimi & Company
- Newcomer Fund Of The Year: MENA Dividend Leader Fund by National Bank of Abu Dhabi
- MENA Asset Manager Of The Year: Al Mal Capital
- Fund Manager of the Year: Tariq Qaqish
The Lipper Global Islamic Fund Awards’ 2014 methodology can be viewed here. Lipper data covers more than 266,000 share classes and over 126,000 funds in 61 markets. It provides the free Lipper Leader ratings for mutual funds registered for sale in over 40 countries.
About the Lipper Fund Awards
The Lipper Fund Awards are part of the Thomson Reuters Awards for Excellence, a global family of awards that celebrate exceptional performance throughout the professional investment community. The Thomson Reuters Awards for Excellence recognize the world's top funds, fund management firms, sell-side firms, research analysts, and investor relations teams. The Thomson Reuters Awards for Excellence also include the Extel Survey Awards, and the StarMine Analyst Awards. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lipper, a Thomson Reuters company, is a global leader in supplying mutual fund information, analytical tools, and commentary. Lipper's benchmarking and classifications are widely recognized as the industry standard by asset managers, fund companies and financial intermediaries. Our reliable fund data, fund awards designations and ratings information provide valued insight to advisors, media and individual investors. For more information, go to http://www.lipperweb.com/default.aspx
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization. Thomson Reuters shares are listed on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges (symbol: TRI). For more information, go to www.thomsonreuters.com
Notes to Editors
Lipper Fund Awards designations do not constitute and are not intended to constitute investment advice or an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security of any entity in any jurisdiction. As a result, investors should not make an investment decision on the basis of this information. Lipper Fund Awards designations are for informational purposes only. Lipper is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the information obtained from Lipper. In addition, Lipper will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from information obtained from Lipper or any of its affiliates. Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance and investors should remember that past performance is not a guarantee of future results.