September 25, 2013
Thomson Reuters Enhances Checkpoint Learning Subscription Package for Accounting Professionals
NEW YORK - Thomson Reuters recently released Checkpoint Learning's enhanced Premier Plus CPE Package for tax, accounting, audit, and finance professionals. It offers more than 500 Webinars and 450 online/downloadable courses covering legislative and industry changes in a cost-effective bundled subscription package.
“There’s no other offering on the market close to the value of our Premier Plus CPE Package,” says Ken Koskay, vice president of Learning Solutions, Thomson Reuters. “Many of these courses cover laws and regulations that professionals must understand and comply with to be a trusted advisor to their customers. Other courses are designed to help practitioners increase efficiency, grow their business, or improve professional competency.”
Thousands of customers have switched to Premier Plus from other continuing professional education (CPE) vendors since the product launched three months ago.
The package includes:
- Unlimited access to over 3,000 hours of CPE content in Webinar and online formats. This includes courses on current compliance challenges such as health care reform and the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act.
- The complete library of interactive online and downloadable self-study courses from MicroMash, PASS Online, and PPC.
- More than 40 live Webinars per month taught by nationally recognized experts.
- Discounts on up to 40 hours annually of instructor-led courses including a 40-percent discount on Gear Up seminars and conferences, and a 25-percent discount on AuditWatch seminars.
- Automated CPE tracking and compliance monitoring for all certified public accountant state board of accountancy requirements and more than 20 other professional designations, including: enrolled agent, California tax education council, and certified financial planner. Also included are certificate storage, email notification of CPE status with detailed reporting, and a personalized learning dashboard.
- A competency model, as the foundation for setting learning plans, discussing performance issues, and planning career strategies. It includes competencies for four career levels: staff, senior, manager, and director on technical and non-technical specialties.
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization. With headquarters in New York and major operations in London and Eagan, Minnesota, Thomson Reuters employs approximately 60,000 people and operates in over 100 countries. For more information, go to www.thomsonreuters.com.