July 23, 2013
Thomson Reuters Releases Checkpoint Pocket Assistant Mobile App
NEW YORK - Thomson Reuters has released Checkpoint Pocket Assistant, a new mobile app that helps tax and accounting professionals perform routine tasks from anywhere on their Apple iPhones. The app serves as a hub for additional apps available for download, including commonly used reference information and calculations. The Checkpoint Pocket Assistant is available to download from the Apple App Store at no cost.
“Our Pocket Assistant is another example of our commitment to helping our customers increase their productivity and efficiency so they can spend more time on strategic planning and business development,” said Steve Zelman, senior vice president of Checkpoint Platforms, Thomson Reuters. “These apps further expand our mobile research offerings which include: Thomson Reuters Checkpoint for tablets and smart phones, Thomson Reuters ProView eBooks for tablets, and now our Checkpoint Pocket Assistant apps for iPhones.”
New apps available through Checkpoint Pocket Assistant include:
- 2013 Tax Rate Guide - lists key federal income, gift, and estate tax rates. (Included at no cost.)
- COLA Profit-Sharing Plans - displays pension and profit-sharing plan dollar limitations reflecting cost-of living adjustments as of 2013. (Included at no cost.)
- Like Kind Exchange Calculator - quickly determines the realized gain, recognized gain, and basis of the like-kind property received for most like-kind exchanges, including exchanges of real estate or property that is held for business or investment. (Available separately at $1.99.)
- Minimum Required Distribution Calculator- calculates the minimum required distribution for inherited IRAs, Roth IRAs, defined benefit plans, and plans holding longevity annuities. (Available separately at $1.99.)
- Individual Shared Responsibility Calculator - estimates the cost of meeting the Affordable Care Act requirements for maintaining minimum essential health insurance coverage, which is effective January 1, 2013. The app helps determine the penalty amount for most scenarios. (Available separately at $2.99.)
“These free and nominally priced apps are the first in a series available in the Checkpoint Pocket Assistant app,” said Zelman. “Watch for more to come out during the year.”
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization. With headquarters in New York and major operations in London and Eagan, Minnesota, Thomson Reuters employs approximately 60,000 people and operates in over 100 countries. For more information, go to www.thomsonreuters.com.